What is Podiatry?
Podiatry or podiatric medicine is the branch of medicine devoted to the study of diagnosis, medical and surgical treatment of disorders of the foot, ankle, and lower extremity.
Foot pain causes can be multifactorial, so it can be difficult for you to predict exactly what treatment you need. Below are some of the more common treatments available at Kensington Podiatry. We will always give your feet a thorough examination and talk through your options with you to give you the best solution for your unique problem.
Why Choose Us?
- Experienced practitioners will give you peace of mind that your feet are in the best possible hands.
- We offer a wide range of treatments, so we can treat your problem with a solution that works specifically for you.
- Local anaesthetics available
- Variety of verrucae treatments. If burning your verruca out with salicylic doesn’t appeal to you, then don’t worry, there are several other options available.
- Friendly and educational advice. You will feel more comfortable about your treatment when you know what is happening to you. We make sure you fully understand all aspects of your condition and its treatment.
- Sports Injury Prevention is as important to us as cure. We will provide stretching and strengthening regimes to elimate foot and ankle pain?
The most common podiatric problems include corns, calluses, verrucae, ingrown toenails, fungal infections and disfigured nails. We use a range of general podiatric treatments for these conditions.
Acupuncture, the practice of inserting and stimulating needles in specific points in the foot and ankle or around painful areas in the foot and ankle; is widely used for chronic pain.
Diabetic foot care is becoming more and more important. With the incidence of diabetes increasing in the UK, it is recommended that if you are diabetic, you undergo annual diabetic foot checks.
Diabetes can affect the blood supply to the feet, causing a delay in the healing of any wound and increasing the risk of infection. The circulation to the feet is also checked during a diabetic foot assessment.
Foot Mobilisation Techniques ‘FMT’ are a proven alternative treatment solution, that uses hands-on techniques of joint mobilisation and manipulation, combined with corrective exercises, to fix the cause of foot, heel, ankle, leg, knee, hip & back pain and without the need for orthotics, surgery or medication.