Orthotics are specialised soles that are worn under your shoes to correct the alignment and posture of your feet. The majority of foot problems can be directly or indirectly be linked to improper foot posture that leads to unwanted stress on the feet causing bad gait, ingrown toenails, Achilles heel pain and all manner of foot related issues. Orthotics work by redistributing your weight and its associated forces.
We can provide and mould an off the shelf orthotic, or we can measure you and prescribe an orthotic specifically for you.
Conditions We Treat With Orthotics
- Plantar Fasciitis – Heel pain usually on the inside of the foot, which is normally worst first thing in the morning.
- Achilles Tendonitis – pain or stiffness first thing in the morning or after activity.
- Chronic Ankle Sprains – pain is normally present around the outside of the ankle and can feel weak as if going to give way when you are walking.
- Morton’s Neuroma – burning pain under the ball of your foot.
Shin Splints – pain along your shin varying from a dull ache to a sharp stabbing pain.
- Bunions – the formation of a bony bump on the side of your big toe.
- Bursitis – inflammation of a bursa on any of your foot joints.
- Leg Length Discrepancy – your podiatrist will discuss any symptoms relevant to a limb length discrepancy
- Sesamoiditis – Gradual onset of pain under the big toe joint on weight-bearing.